What is involved in Mobile Device Security
Find out what the related areas are that Mobile Device Security connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Mobile Device Security thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Mobile Device Security journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Mobile Device Security leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Mobile Device Security related domains to cover and 148 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Mobile Device Security, Mobile local search, Mobile OS, Telephone tapping, LTE Advanced Pro, Wired Equivalent Privacy, Antivirus software, Mobile payment, Mobile secure gateway, Short Message Service, Computer network, Palm OS, Mobile phone recycling, Mobile cloud computing, Mobile blogging, Computer and network surveillance, Texting while driving, Streaming video, Mobile social network, Mobile news, Mobile computing, Computer virus, Mobile app, Palm OS viruses, Mobile search, Pre-shared key, Silent mode, User Login, Ghost Push, Computer access control, High Speed Packet Access, Wi-Fi Protected Access, Restrictions on cell phone use while driving in the United States, Mobile commerce, IMSI catcher, Mobile instant messaging, Email spam, Data-centric security, Multi-band device, Mobile game, Public key certificate, European Telecommunications Standards Institute, Information privacy, Application security, Read-only memory, Carrier IQ, Multi-factor authentication, Mobile phone radiation and health, Mobile ticketing, Proof of concept:
Mobile Device Security Critical Criteria:
Derive from Mobile Device Security failures and revise understanding of Mobile Device Security architectures.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Mobile Device Security project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Mobile Device Security project lifecycle?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Mobile Device Security processes?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Mobile Device Security leader?
Mobile local search Critical Criteria:
Align Mobile local search risks and acquire concise Mobile local search education.
– Think about the people you identified for your Mobile Device Security project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Mobile Device Security?
– Is maximizing Mobile Device Security protection the same as minimizing Mobile Device Security loss?
Mobile OS Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Mobile OS quality and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Mobile OS is getting what it needs.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Mobile Device Security objectives?
– What is the purpose of Mobile Device Security in relation to the mission?
– Do Mobile Device Security rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Telephone tapping Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Telephone tapping risks and pay attention to the small things.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Mobile Device Security. How do we gain traction?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Mobile Device Security requirements in detail?
LTE Advanced Pro Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about LTE Advanced Pro decisions and probe using an integrated framework to make sure LTE Advanced Pro is getting what it needs.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Mobile Device Security process?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Mobile Device Security project?
Wired Equivalent Privacy Critical Criteria:
Analyze Wired Equivalent Privacy projects and revise understanding of Wired Equivalent Privacy architectures.
– Which customers cant participate in our Mobile Device Security domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Mobile Device Security?
– Why are Mobile Device Security skills important?
Antivirus software Critical Criteria:
Mine Antivirus software tasks and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Antivirus software.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Mobile Device Security process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Mobile Device Security process available?
– Is a Mobile Device Security Team Work effort in place?
– How can we improve Mobile Device Security?
Mobile payment Critical Criteria:
Chat re Mobile payment quality and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Mobile payment projects.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Mobile Device Security that make it risky?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Mobile Device Security leaders?
– How will you know that the Mobile Device Security project has been successful?
– What killer use cases in mobile payments have not been considered?
– Will mobile payments ever replace credit cards?
Mobile secure gateway Critical Criteria:
Talk about Mobile secure gateway goals and probe Mobile secure gateway strategic alliances.
– What are the key elements of your Mobile Device Security performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Mobile Device Security activities?
– What threat is Mobile Device Security addressing?
Short Message Service Critical Criteria:
Nurse Short Message Service management and research ways can we become the Short Message Service company that would put us out of business.
– What are the disruptive Mobile Device Security technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Mobile Device Security processes of our organization?
– Think of your Mobile Device Security project. what are the main functions?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Detail Computer network results and tour deciding if Computer network progress is made.
– Is Mobile Device Security Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
– What are our Mobile Device Security Processes?
Palm OS Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Palm OS tasks and ask what if.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Mobile Device Security, including any consulting or professional services?
– Is there any existing Mobile Device Security governance structure?
Mobile phone recycling Critical Criteria:
Audit Mobile phone recycling management and probe Mobile phone recycling strategic alliances.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Mobile Device Security goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Mobile Device Security agendas for the next 3 years?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Mobile Device Security?
Mobile cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Devise Mobile cloud computing goals and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Mobile cloud computing is getting what it needs.
– How will you measure your Mobile Device Security effectiveness?
– Are there Mobile Device Security Models?
Mobile blogging Critical Criteria:
Sort Mobile blogging strategies and look at the big picture.
– Does Mobile Device Security analysis show the relationships among important Mobile Device Security factors?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Mobile Device Security effort?
Computer and network surveillance Critical Criteria:
Examine Computer and network surveillance failures and catalog what business benefits will Computer and network surveillance goals deliver if achieved.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Mobile Device Security strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Mobile Device Security project?
– Which Mobile Device Security goals are the most important?
Texting while driving Critical Criteria:
Investigate Texting while driving planning and catalog what business benefits will Texting while driving goals deliver if achieved.
– How can you negotiate Mobile Device Security successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– How likely is the current Mobile Device Security plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Mobile Device Security moving forward?
Streaming video Critical Criteria:
Study Streaming video issues and devote time assessing Streaming video and its risk.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Mobile Device Security product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Do you want a selected vendor to host all of the content (i.e. streaming video, wbt, blogs, chat rooms, etc…)?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Mobile Device Security?
– How do we keep improving Mobile Device Security?
Mobile social network Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Mobile social network strategies and create a map for yourself.
Mobile news Critical Criteria:
Drive Mobile news results and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Mobile news information.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Mobile Device Security process?
– Does our organization need more Mobile Device Security education?
– How can the value of Mobile Device Security be defined?
Mobile computing Critical Criteria:
Align Mobile computing planning and probe the present value of growth of Mobile computing.
– Does Mobile Device Security include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– How to ensure high data availability in mobile computing environment where frequent disconnections may occur because the clients and server may be weakly connected?
– What impact has emerging technology (e.g., cloud computing, virtualization and mobile computing) had on your companys ITRM program over the past 12 months?
– Does Mobile Device Security create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Is information security ensured when using mobile computing and tele-working facilities?
– Do we all define Mobile Device Security in the same way?
Computer virus Critical Criteria:
Devise Computer virus goals and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Computer virus services.
– Do the Mobile Device Security decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– How do we measure improved Mobile Device Security service perception, and satisfaction?
Mobile app Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Mobile app quality and gather Mobile app models .
– If web or mobile app is used, has the website been developed in accordance with hopkins and or owasp guidance and is the site actively maintained and updated (see hopkins web checklist)?
– Do those selected for the Mobile Device Security team have a good general understanding of what Mobile Device Security is all about?
– In what ways are Mobile Device Security vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What are the steps to take when developing a mobile application?
Palm OS viruses Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Palm OS viruses leadership and research ways can we become the Palm OS viruses company that would put us out of business.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Mobile Device Security in a volatile global economy?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Mobile Device Security with what users do day-to-day?
– How do we maintain Mobile Device Securitys Integrity?
Mobile search Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Mobile search engagements and correct Mobile search management by competencies.
Pre-shared key Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Pre-shared key visions and balance specific methods for improving Pre-shared key results.
– For your Mobile Device Security project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
Silent mode Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Silent mode engagements and secure Silent mode creativity.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Mobile Device Security move?
– How do we go about Securing Mobile Device Security?
User Login Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect User Login results and raise human resource and employment practices for User Login.
– Have you identified your Mobile Device Security key performance indicators?
– What business benefits will Mobile Device Security goals deliver if achieved?
– Are we Assessing Mobile Device Security and Risk?
Ghost Push Critical Criteria:
Systematize Ghost Push risks and customize techniques for implementing Ghost Push controls.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Mobile Device Security delivery for example is new software needed?
– How do we Lead with Mobile Device Security in Mind?
Computer access control Critical Criteria:
Unify Computer access control management and maintain Computer access control for success.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Mobile Device Security ?
– Do we have past Mobile Device Security Successes?
High Speed Packet Access Critical Criteria:
Steer High Speed Packet Access outcomes and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of High Speed Packet Access.
– What are the Essentials of Internal Mobile Device Security Management?
Wi-Fi Protected Access Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Wi-Fi Protected Access risks and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Wi-Fi Protected Access services.
– If wireless technology is used, is wi-fi protected access (wpa) technology implemented for encryption and authentication when wpa-capable?
– How is the value delivered by Mobile Device Security being measured?
Restrictions on cell phone use while driving in the United States Critical Criteria:
Study Restrictions on cell phone use while driving in the United States adoptions and drive action.
– what is the best design framework for Mobile Device Security organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Mobile Device Security forward?
Mobile commerce Critical Criteria:
Understand Mobile commerce engagements and be persistent.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Mobile Device Security?
IMSI catcher Critical Criteria:
Probe IMSI catcher goals and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of IMSI catcher.
Mobile instant messaging Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Mobile instant messaging strategies and find the ideas you already have.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Mobile Device Security strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
Email spam Critical Criteria:
Chat re Email spam strategies and interpret which customers can’t participate in Email spam because they lack skills.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Mobile Device Security been identified and analyzed?
Data-centric security Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Data-centric security projects and shift your focus.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Mobile Device Security? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What is data-centric security and its role in GDPR compliance?
Multi-band device Critical Criteria:
Dissect Multi-band device decisions and catalog Multi-band device activities.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Mobile Device Security into the services that we provide?
Mobile game Critical Criteria:
Mix Mobile game tasks and intervene in Mobile game processes and leadership.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Mobile Device Security experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Mobile Device Security process?
Public key certificate Critical Criteria:
Read up on Public key certificate visions and find out.
– Can we add value to the current Mobile Device Security decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Is the scope of Mobile Device Security defined?
European Telecommunications Standards Institute Critical Criteria:
Transcribe European Telecommunications Standards Institute results and learn.
– Who needs to know about Mobile Device Security ?
Information privacy Critical Criteria:
Read up on Information privacy strategies and optimize Information privacy leadership as a key to advancement.
– When a Mobile Device Security manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Does the Mobile Device Security task fit the clients priorities?
Application security Critical Criteria:
Focus on Application security decisions and budget for Application security challenges.
– Who Is Responsible for Web Application Security in the Cloud?
Read-only memory Critical Criteria:
Grasp Read-only memory engagements and learn.
– Can the access control product protect individual devices (e.g., floppy disks, compact disks–read-only memory CD-ROM, serial and parallel interfaces, and system clipboard)?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Mobile Device Security opportunities costing us money?
Carrier IQ Critical Criteria:
Boost Carrier IQ visions and work towards be a leading Carrier IQ expert.
– Is there a Mobile Device Security Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
Multi-factor authentication Critical Criteria:
Merge Multi-factor authentication tasks and devise Multi-factor authentication key steps.
– Does remote server administration require multi-factor authentication of administrative users for systems and databases?
– Is multi-factor authentication supported for provider services?
Mobile phone radiation and health Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Mobile phone radiation and health decisions and perfect Mobile phone radiation and health conflict management.
– Why should we adopt a Mobile Device Security framework?
– How to deal with Mobile Device Security Changes?
Mobile ticketing Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Mobile ticketing tasks and correct better engagement with Mobile ticketing results.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Mobile Device Security is underway?
– To what extent does management recognize Mobile Device Security as a tool to increase the results?
Proof of concept Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Proof of concept outcomes and get answers.
– Will a proof of concept support and create awareness of the power of the AWS cloud within the organization?
– What is explored during the proof of concept phase for cloud adoption?
– Which applications can I immediately move after a proof of concept?
– What should a proof of concept or pilot accomplish?
– Is Mobile Device Security Required?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Mobile Device Security Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Mobile Device Security External links:
Mobile Device Security | RouteOne
ALTA – Mobile Device Security
Mobile Device Security | WMATA
Mobile local search External links:
Sprint Launches Mobile Local Search – WSJ
Mobile Local Search – Google+
Mobile Local Search Apps, Technology & Mobile Devices | …
Mobile OS External links:
6 Open Source Mobile OS Alternatives To Android in 2018
Telephone tapping External links:
Telephone tapping legal definition of Telephone tapping
Nardone v US | Telephone Tapping | Evidence
Telephone tapping and interception of communications.
LTE Advanced Pro External links:
What is LTE Advanced Pro? – Quora
LTE Advanced Pro | Qualcomm
Wired Equivalent Privacy External links:
What Is Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP)? – Lifewire
[PDF]IEEE 802.11 WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy) …
What is Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP)? Webopedia …
Antivirus software External links:
Antivirus Software, Internet Security, Spyware and …
Geek Squad Antivirus Software Download | Webroot
Spybot – Search & Destroy Anti-malware & Antivirus Software
Mobile payment External links:
Mobile payment (eBook, 2013) [WorldCat.org]
Digital Mobile Wallet & Mobile Payment Systems – PayPal US
Move over Venmo. Meet Zelle, the latest mobile payment …
Mobile secure gateway External links:
SeaCat Mobile Secure Gateway – TeskaLabs · Security
TeskaLabs – Mobile Secure Gateway
Mobile secure gateway – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Mobile secure gateway
Short Message Service External links:
Short Message Service – …
SMS by Twilio – Global Short Message Service API – Free …
What is SMSC – Short Message Service Center? Webopedia
Computer network External links:
Technical Support | Computer Repair | Computer Network
How to find my computer network name – Mil Incorporated
Palm OS External links:
This is a list of Palm OS devices, and companies that make, or have made, them.
How to Crack a Palm OS Application: 9 Steps (with Pictures)
Smartphone | Palm Source – Palm Software and Palm OS
Mobile phone recycling External links:
Contact SecondWave mobile phone recycling
Cell Phone Recycling | Mobile Phone Recycling | e-Cycle
Compare Mobile Phone Recycling with OnRecycle – …
Mobile cloud computing External links:
Mobile Cloud Computing | NIST
Mobile blogging External links:
Mobile Blogging Platform – Home | Facebook
Mobile Blogging – Home | Facebook
mobile blogging | Verizon Community
Computer and network surveillance External links:
Computer and network surveillance!! – YouTube
Computer and network surveillance – revolvy.com
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Computer and network surveillance
Computer and network surveillance – The Art of Service
Texting while driving External links:
Texting While Driving Laws | LegalMatch Law Library
Stop Texting While Driving | Texting While Driving Solution
Streaming video External links:
WatchMeGrow – Childcare’s #1 Streaming Video Service
Live Streaming Video (Broadcast Only) – KPLC 7 News, …
Live streaming video | WOODTV.com
Mobile social network External links:
Mining Community in Mobile Social Network – …
Mobile news External links:
Press Room | Mobile News | Cell Phone Company | U.S. Cellular
Mobile News – TechMalak
Forbes – Mobile Information and Mobile News – Forbes.com
Mobile computing External links:
Mobile Computing Tutorial – tutorialspoint.com
What is Mobile Computing | IGI Global
Panasonic Mobile Computing Configure Products
Computer virus External links:
Don’t fall for this computer virus scam! – May. 12, 2017
Computer Virus Statistics – Statistic Brain
Computer Virus – ABC News
Mobile app External links:
Your Personal Guide to Dress Better | Cladwell Mobile App
Amex Mobile app by American Express
Drivers Ed & Defensive Driving Mobile App – Aceable
Palm OS viruses External links:
Palm OS viruses – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
Palm OS virusesの意味・使い方 – 英和辞典 Weblio辞書
Palm OS viruses – broom02.revolvy.com
https://broom02.revolvy.com/topic/Palm OS viruses
Mobile search External links:
What is mobile search? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Pre-shared key External links:
ARCHIVED: What is a pre-shared key or shared secret?
Change Pre-Shared Key | Washington Technology Solutions
Silent mode External links:
Silent Mode Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop | Verizon …
Do Not Disturb & Silent Mode – Uniden Support
Auto Silent Mode – Android Apps on Google Play
User Login External links:
Augusta University – User Login
MyDTT – User Login
Lean Logistics – Transportation Management – User Login
Ghost Push External links:
Stubborn Ghost Push Trojan Is An Antivirus Rescue – YouTube
Did a Ghost Push Her? EPIC Fail. LOL – YouTube
Computer access control External links:
Computer Access Control – Home | Facebook
lxhung | Computer Access Control | Digital Rights
CASSIE – Computer Access Control
High Speed Packet Access External links:
Evolved High Speed Packet Access (HSPA+) | vertex
HSPA and HSPA+ High Speed Packet Access for 3G …
Wi-Fi Protected Access External links:
Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) – Techopedia.com
What Is Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA)? – Lifewire
Mobile commerce External links:
Mobile Commerce | Masterpass Digital Wallet | Mastercard
Mobile Commerce – Investopedia
Mobile Commerce TT Limited – Home | Facebook
IMSI catcher External links:
LTE IMSI Catcher | Hackaday
Mobile instant messaging External links:
[PDF]Mobile Email & Mobile Instant Messaging – LG USA
lg cosmos 2 mobile instant messaging | Verizon Community
Mobile instant messaging support for teaching and …
Email spam External links:
Viagra Email Spam Example | YourTrustedPharmacyOnline
Email Spam Score (Spam Assassian) | Unlock The Inbox
Email Spam and Zero-Day Malware Filter | SpamStopsHere
Data-centric security External links:
DgSecure Data-Centric Security Platform | Dataguise
Multi-band device External links:
Popular Multi-band device & Dual SIM videos – YouTube
multi-band device Pictures, Images & Photos | Photobucket
“Multi-band device” on Revolvy.com
Mobile game External links:
War Heroes Mobile Game | Download for IOS and Android
Dragon Project | A free to play mobile game
FIFAMobileGuide.com – Unofficial Fan Site of FIFA Mobile Game
Public key certificate External links:
What Is a Public Key Certificate? – Examples
Birth Certificate | Public Key Certificate | Kerala
What is public key certificate? – Definition from WhatIs.com
European Telecommunications Standards Institute External links:
European Telecommunications Standards Institute …
Information privacy External links:
Application security External links:
Application Security News, Tutorials & Tools – DZone
Program Rules – Application Security – Google
Read-only memory External links:
Read-Only Memory – Official Site
What is read-only memory (ROM)? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Read-Only Memory (ROM) – Techopedia.com
Multi-factor authentication External links:
Multi-Factor Authentication™ | User Portal
Multi-Factor Authentication™ | User Portal
Mobile phone radiation and health External links:
Mobile Phone Radiation and Health – My Radiation …
Mobile ticketing External links:
UTA GoRide Mobile Ticketing – Utah Transit Authority
SEPTA | Mobile Ticketing Pilot Project
Mobile Ticketing | MLB.com Ballpark app | Kansas City Royals
Proof of concept External links:
Proof of Concept Agreement | Pentaho
KBB Proof Of Concept reviews – Progarchives.com
What is a Proof of Concept (POC)? – Definition from …