What is involved in Infrastructure Services
Find out what the related areas are that Infrastructure Services connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Infrastructure Services thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Infrastructure Services journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Infrastructure Services leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Infrastructure Services related domains to cover and 352 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Infrastructure Services, Information Technology Infrastructure Library, RACI matrix, Help desk, ISO/IEC 27002, Business Information Services Library, Business case, Knowledge management, Computer security, 5 Whys, TM Forum, Financial management for IT services, Computer network, IBM Tivoli Unified Process, Primary support level, Six Sigma, The Stationery Office, Office of Government Commerce, Release management, Service portfolio management, HM Treasury, Request Fulfilment, ICT infrastructure, Application Performance Management, ITIL/service design package, Change request, Program management, Access and Identity Management, Microsoft Operations Framework, Service-level agreement, Event Management, Functional Management, Software metric, Call for bids, Agile software development, Service level, Service Level Agreement, Corporate governance of information technology, Enterprise life cycle, Service catalog, Service Desk, Granular configuration automation, IT Service Management Forum, IT service management, Capacity management, Application Services Library, Information Management, Identity management, Business impact analysis, Problem Management, RPR problem diagnosis, Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency, Call centre, Joint venture, ITIL security management, Change management, Information and communication technologies, Goal setting, Software asset management, Tudor IT Process Assessment, Information and Communication Technology, Underpinning contract, Business Service Management, ISO/IEC 20000, ISO/IEC 27001, Information security, Point of contact, Business continuity planning, Deming Cycle:
Infrastructure Services Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Infrastructure Services strategies and be persistent.
– Consider your own Infrastructure Services project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Are there internal organizational issues to address to increase our comfort level with using shared infrastructure services?
– How do we know that any Infrastructure Services analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– What are current Infrastructure Services Paradigms?
Information Technology Infrastructure Library Critical Criteria:
Match Information Technology Infrastructure Library management and work towards be a leading Information Technology Infrastructure Library expert.
– Are accountability and ownership for Infrastructure Services clearly defined?
– What are the business goals Infrastructure Services is aiming to achieve?
– What will drive Infrastructure Services change?
RACI matrix Critical Criteria:
Use past RACI matrix quality and overcome RACI matrix skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Do Infrastructure Services rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Infrastructure Services Management?
Help desk Critical Criteria:
Nurse Help desk engagements and budget for Help desk challenges.
– The offeror will describe its service levels for fixes, help desk, etc. will it reduce its fees if the service levels are not met?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Infrastructure Services into the services that we provide?
– Expose its policy engine via web services for use by third-party systems (e.g. provisioning, help desk solutions)?
– Complement identity management and help desk solutions with closedloop import and export?
– Does Infrastructure Services analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– What features of the current help desk service management tool are being used?
– How has the current help desk service management tool been customized?
– Do we know the number of password problem help desk calls per month?
– What is the current help desk service management tool and version?
– Help desk password resets easily measured (specific number?
– How will the offeror provide support through the help desk?
– Number of password problem help desk calls per month?
– How does the help desk authenticate callers?
ISO/IEC 27002 Critical Criteria:
Participate in ISO/IEC 27002 leadership and interpret which customers can’t participate in ISO/IEC 27002 because they lack skills.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Infrastructure Services? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Think of your Infrastructure Services project. what are the main functions?
– How do we Improve Infrastructure Services service perception, and satisfaction?
Business Information Services Library Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Business Information Services Library management and research ways can we become the Business Information Services Library company that would put us out of business.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Infrastructure Services delivery for example is new software needed?
– When a Infrastructure Services manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Why are Infrastructure Services skills important?
Business case Critical Criteria:
Use past Business case planning and work towards be a leading Business case expert.
– Will Infrastructure Services have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Who is driving and leading the business case development for your organization?
– Is there a business case where additional cyber security risks are involved?
– What is the security -life cycle identity management business case?
– What are the short and long-term Infrastructure Services goals?
– Have sensitivity of the business case been calculated?
– Right business case?
Knowledge management Critical Criteria:
Look at Knowledge management goals and devote time assessing Knowledge management and its risk.
– Learning Systems Analysis: once one has a good grasp of the current state of the organization, there is still an important question that needs to be asked: what is the organizations potential for developing and changing – in the near future and in the longer term?
– Do those selected for the Infrastructure Services team have a good general understanding of what Infrastructure Services is all about?
– What are the best practices in knowledge management for IT Service management ITSM?
– What best practices in knowledge management for Service management do we use?
– How do we manage Infrastructure Services Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Are assumptions made in Infrastructure Services stated explicitly?
– Why is Infrastructure Services important for you now?
– When is Knowledge Management Measured?
– How is Knowledge Management Measured?
Computer security Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Computer security governance and adjust implementation of Computer security.
– Does your company provide end-user training to all employees on Cybersecurity, either as part of general staff training or specifically on the topic of computer security and company policy?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Infrastructure Services process?
– Will the selection of a particular product limit the future choices of other computer security or operational modifications and improvements?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Infrastructure Services?
– What is Effective Infrastructure Services?
5 Whys Critical Criteria:
Consult on 5 Whys quality and figure out ways to motivate other 5 Whys users.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Infrastructure Services process?
– Will Infrastructure Services deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
TM Forum Critical Criteria:
Test TM Forum adoptions and ask questions.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Infrastructure Services information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Do we monitor the Infrastructure Services decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Infrastructure Services objectives?
Financial management for IT services Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Financial management for IT services outcomes and look in other fields.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Infrastructure Services. How do we gain traction?
– Among the Infrastructure Services product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How will you measure your Infrastructure Services effectiveness?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Look at Computer network visions and look in other fields.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Infrastructure Services goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– How do we measure improved Infrastructure Services service perception, and satisfaction?
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
– Can we do Infrastructure Services without complex (expensive) analysis?
IBM Tivoli Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Match IBM Tivoli Unified Process planning and spearhead techniques for implementing IBM Tivoli Unified Process.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Infrastructure Services services/products?
– To what extent does management recognize Infrastructure Services as a tool to increase the results?
Primary support level Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Primary support level planning and acquire concise Primary support level education.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Infrastructure Services values?
– Who sets the Infrastructure Services standards?
Six Sigma Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Six Sigma strategies and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Six Sigma results.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Infrastructure Services processes?
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– What is the source of the strategies for Infrastructure Services strengthening and reform?
– How is lean six sigma different from TOGAF architecture?
– How to deal with Infrastructure Services Changes?
The Stationery Office Critical Criteria:
Judge The Stationery Office engagements and get out your magnifying glass.
Office of Government Commerce Critical Criteria:
Read up on Office of Government Commerce risks and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Office of Government Commerce.
– For your Infrastructure Services project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
Release management Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Release management adoptions and check on ways to get started with Release management.
– What happens after development: how should developers release component-based software and how can users subsequently obtain such software especially if the software under consideration consists of many components that are released by many organizations at many different geographical locations?
– How do these developers concur over long distances in environments where people rarely if ever meet face to face in a virtual organization?
– What are the issues that arise when a limited number of vendors participate in a technology market and how can the risks be mitigated ?
– In some projects up to 85% of the changes are performed by a small core of developers, what space for innovation is left?
– Does it avoid poorly executed software handoffs between development, testing, and operations?
– Does it Improve the production readiness and quality of your application code?
– Does it Eliminate lengthy email threads trying to achieve change approval?
– Where do requirements come from (and what should we do about it)?
– Are there any guarantees that the project will ever be completed?
– What do we know about proximity and distance in work groups?
– What is our formula for success in Infrastructure Services ?
– What are the development, release, and deployment activities?
– Better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– Why has no os tool emerged to meet this need?
– Who must complete a release management plan?
– Every design decision is technical, or not?
– Does Agile Release Management Work in Real Life?
– What is release management?
Service portfolio management Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Service portfolio management tasks and ask questions.
– What are the usability implications of Infrastructure Services actions?
– How is the value delivered by Infrastructure Services being measured?
– Are there Infrastructure Services problems defined?
HM Treasury Critical Criteria:
Meet over HM Treasury issues and devote time assessing HM Treasury and its risk.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Infrastructure Services leaders?
– What about Infrastructure Services Analysis of results?
Request Fulfilment Critical Criteria:
Steer Request Fulfilment results and report on setting up Request Fulfilment without losing ground.
– Is a Infrastructure Services Team Work effort in place?
ICT infrastructure Critical Criteria:
Infer ICT infrastructure risks and do something to it.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Infrastructure Services processes?
– Is there any existing Infrastructure Services governance structure?
– What is our Infrastructure Services Strategy?
Application Performance Management Critical Criteria:
Discourse Application Performance Management quality and attract Application Performance Management skills.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Infrastructure Services that make it risky?
– Have all basic functions of Infrastructure Services been defined?
ITIL/service design package Critical Criteria:
Analyze ITIL/service design package decisions and find the essential reading for ITIL/service design package researchers.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Infrastructure Services process?
Change request Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Change request failures and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Change request services.
– Does the suggested change request have a significant negative impact on completed project work without a commensurate benefit to the product or project?
– Does the suggested change request support a mandate that was not in place when the projects original scope was complete?
– Will the product of the project fail to satisfy customer requirements if the change request is not executed?
– Will the product of the project fail to satisfy customer requirements if a change request is not executed?
– Can agile methods be used effectively for evolving a system in response to customer change requests?
– Does the suggested change request represent a desired enhancement to the products functionality?
– Does a suggested change request represent a desired enhancement to the products functionality?
– Does the suggested change request seem to represent a necessary enhancement to the product?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Infrastructure Services activities?
– Have you identified your Infrastructure Services key performance indicators?
– Is the requested change request a result of changes in other project(s)?
– Will the project fail if the change request is not executed?
– Is impact analysis performed for all change requests?
Program management Critical Criteria:
Depict Program management decisions and balance specific methods for improving Program management results.
– Have any changes occurred in the organizational or wider environment which reinforce the importance of the issue being addressed by this program?
– During any stage of the program, has a weakness been identified in key policies or their implementation which could be addressed?
– To what extent did the results indicate that the program goals, objectives and performance indicators had been achieved?
– How will our organization address the key risk areas of security, resilience and data leakage?
– Who is responsible for co-ordinating and monitoring data collection and analysis?
– Did the program result in any unplanned outcomes which could be capitalised on?
– Can you read a group of managers, and know what they are thinking and feeling?
– Is there anyone on the board or audit committee with an it background?
– How do you hold people accountable when you do not have position power?
– What tasks need to be completed before other tasks are started?
– What are the indicators of success for completion of key tasks?
– Was the program effective in producing significant change(s)?
– What protocols will be required for the data collection?
– What skills or resources can the target group offer?
– What will motivate others to sustain the program?
– Has all relevant information been reviewed?
– What are the Program Management guidelines?
– What resources will the program require?
– How is the program cycle represented?
– How are the guidelines structured?
Access and Identity Management Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Access and Identity Management engagements and drive action.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Infrastructure Services strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– In what ways are Infrastructure Services vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
Microsoft Operations Framework Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Microsoft Operations Framework tasks and find out what it really means.
– Does Infrastructure Services create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Service-level agreement Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Service-level agreement leadership and budget for Service-level agreement challenges.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Infrastructure Services agendas for the next 3 years?
– In terms of service availability, can you get your vendor to sign a service-level agreement?
– Who will provide the final approval of Infrastructure Services deliverables?
Event Management Critical Criteria:
Mine Event Management management and find out what it really means.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Infrastructure Services product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Infrastructure Services? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Infrastructure Services forward?
Functional Management Critical Criteria:
Graph Functional Management results and catalog Functional Management activities.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Infrastructure Services workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Is Infrastructure Services Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– How do we Identify specific Infrastructure Services investment and emerging trends?
Software metric Critical Criteria:
Consult on Software metric failures and drive action.
– Does Infrastructure Services include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What are the best software metrics for discerning Agile (vs. non-Agile) process effects on teams artifacts?
– How do we go about Securing Infrastructure Services?
Call for bids Critical Criteria:
Start Call for bids goals and acquire concise Call for bids education.
– Is Infrastructure Services dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Guide Agile software development decisions and develop and take control of the Agile software development initiative.
– How can agile software development be utilized when the development is done in several different locations instead of one site?
– How could agile approach be utilized in other parts and functions of an organization, for instance in marketing?
– How do scaling issues affect the manner in which you fulfill your goal of identifying your initial scope?
– Do not ISO 9000 and CMM certifications loose their meaning when applied to the software industry?
– Are there cultural or organizational issues that may affect the system development?
– What are some keys to successfully conquering ever changing business requirements?
– Which is really software best practice to us, CMM or agile development?
– Which is really software best practice, CMM or agile development?
– Have we developed requirements for agile software development?
– What technologies are available to support system development?
– what is the minimum we can do to produce a quality product?
– How do you scale Agile to large (500-5000 person) teams?
– From Waterfall to Agile How does a QA Team Transition?
– What is and why Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD)?
– What type of system is being developed?
– What type of Experience is valuable?
– Any impediments/stumbling blocks?
– What makes agile better?
– What about large teams?
– What is ASD to us?
Service level Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Service level governance and question.
– Can we add value to the current Infrastructure Services decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Which management activity ensures adequate availability of resources based on a service level objective?
– What kinds of applications are expected or legally required to offer a sla Service Level Agreement?
– What are direct advantages of entering into Service Level Agreements?
– Is your firm willing to commit to Service Level Agreements?
– What are the physical location requirements for each copy?
– When will regularly scheduled maintenance be performed?
– What does off-site mean in your organization?
– What services are NOT included in this SLA?
– What is the retention period of the data?
– What will it take to make it work?
– Do any copies need to be off-site?
– What services are NOT included?
– How many copies are required?
– Why collaborative management?
– What will the project do?
– What is it going to take?
– What is Data Protection?
– Who prepares the SLA?
Service Level Agreement Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Service Level Agreement leadership and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Service Level Agreement projects.
– Determine if the data center has Service Level Agreements with the clients it serves. if so, do they measure themselves for compliance with the agreement?
– Which customers cant participate in our Infrastructure Services domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Do you really care about the Service Level Agreement sla of your underlying cloud platform paas or iaas?
– How will the SLA be terminated if either party wants to terminate either for cause or for convenience?
– Does the provider offer any form of Service Level Agreement (SLA) guarantees?
– What are the current Service Level Agreements for break/fix?
– What are the costs to the business customer for the service?
– What Support/applications are included in this SLA?
– Are there Data Dependencies or Consistency Groups?
– Is a Service Level Agreement (sla) available?
– When will the SLA be reviewed?
– What systems are supported?
– What services are provided?
– What to optimise for?
Corporate governance of information technology Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Corporate governance of information technology quality and find the essential reading for Corporate governance of information technology researchers.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Infrastructure Services?
– How important is Infrastructure Services to the user organizations mission?
Enterprise life cycle Critical Criteria:
Own Enterprise life cycle leadership and get answers.
– Does Infrastructure Services analysis show the relationships among important Infrastructure Services factors?
Service catalog Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Service catalog decisions and innovate what needs to be done with Service catalog.
– What other departments, besides it, use service catalog as a means of publishing their services in your organization?
– What other departments, besides IT, use service catalog as a means of publishing their services in your organization?
– Which software allows an administrator to create and publish a service catalogue?
– What services are published in your organizations service catalog?
– What services are published in your organizations service catalog?
– Does your service catalog actually have pricing in it?
Service Desk Critical Criteria:
Merge Service Desk visions and pioneer acquisition of Service Desk systems.
– Is maximizing Infrastructure Services protection the same as minimizing Infrastructure Services loss?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Infrastructure Services with what users do day-to-day?
– Does the service provider have a service desk function based on itil principles?
– How does mobility improve your organizations service desk effectiveness?
– Are you running your service desk or is your service desk running you?
– Does the service provider have a service desk function based on ITIL principles?
– How does mobility improve your organizations service desk effectiveness?
– How does mobility improve our organizations service desk effectiveness?
– Is the cloud service providers service desk local, onshore or offshore?
– Which incidents should be logged by the service desk?
– Why should we adopt a Infrastructure Services framework?
– Why a service desk?
Granular configuration automation Critical Criteria:
Audit Granular configuration automation engagements and point out improvements in Granular configuration automation.
IT Service Management Forum Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over IT Service Management Forum goals and define what do we need to start doing with IT Service Management Forum.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Infrastructure Services project?
– Do we all define Infrastructure Services in the same way?
IT service management Critical Criteria:
Analyze IT service management outcomes and observe effective IT service management.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Infrastructure Services is underway?
– Are we getting a handle on project initiation-related risks which is all about are we doing the right things?
– In your organization, which group oversees/coordinates your it Service Management capabilities?
– How is release management for new application services integrated with your itsm capabilities?
– Does the cloud service provider require third-party providers in order to deliver services?
– Which statement best describes your organizations current IT service management strategy?
– What are the use cases that your organization is targeting currently for its cmdb/cms?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Infrastructure Services been identified and analyzed?
– Is there a defined enterprise it tool strategy and architecture model?
– Are you currently engaged in an it Service Management project?
– Will we be eligible for ISOIEC 20000 certification?
– What questions should be asked of a cloud service provider?
– What is the scope of certification?
– Why is cloud computing important?
– does not soa solve these problems?
– Where does the data reside?
– Performance supported?
– Is the Quality of Service met?
Capacity management Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Capacity management goals and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Capacity management projects.
– Application sizing is a technique used by capacity management. why is application sizing important?
– Is the scope of Infrastructure Services defined?
Application Services Library Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Application Services Library visions and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Application Services Library.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Infrastructure Services models, tools and techniques are necessary?
Information Management Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Information Management goals and plan concise Information Management education.
– What is the difference between Enterprise Information Management and Data Warehousing?
– How is Business Intelligence and Information Management related?
– Does Infrastructure Services appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Identity management Critical Criteria:
Categorize Identity management adoptions and proactively manage Identity management risks.
– With so many identity management systems proposed, the big question is which one, if any, will provide the identity solution to become standard across the internet?
– Do we keep track of who the leading providers of identity management products and services are, and what are their key offerings, differentiators and strategies?
– How is the market for identity management evolving in new technologies, market trends and drivers, and user requirements?
– Did we develop our saas identity management solution in house or was it acquired from other vendors?
– Does the Infrastructure Services task fit the clients priorities?
– What are the identity management facilities of the provider?
– What is a secure identity management infrastructure?
– What is identity management to us (idm)?
– How can identity management help?
– What about identity management?
Business impact analysis Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Business impact analysis adoptions and define what do we need to start doing with Business impact analysis.
– Does Infrastructure Services systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– How frequently, if at all, do we conduct a business impact analysis (bia) and risk assessment (ra)?
– How does the business impact analysis use data from Risk Management and risk analysis?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Infrastructure Services?
Problem Management Critical Criteria:
Define Problem Management leadership and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Problem Management projects.
– What is a key activity in problem management?
RPR problem diagnosis Critical Criteria:
Jump start RPR problem diagnosis governance and secure RPR problem diagnosis creativity.
– What vendors make products that address the Infrastructure Services needs?
– How do we go about Comparing Infrastructure Services approaches/solutions?
Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency Critical Criteria:
Read up on Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency visions and grade techniques for implementing Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency controls.
– How to Secure Infrastructure Services?
Call centre Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Call centre governance and report on developing an effective Call centre strategy.
– How can you negotiate Infrastructure Services successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– What are specific Infrastructure Services Rules to follow?
Joint venture Critical Criteria:
See the value of Joint venture decisions and find the essential reading for Joint venture researchers.
– What are our needs in relation to Infrastructure Services skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
ITIL security management Critical Criteria:
Be clear about ITIL security management outcomes and explore and align the progress in ITIL security management.
– What are the key elements of your Infrastructure Services performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
Change management Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Change management planning and budget for Change management challenges.
– The objective of Change Management is to ensure that standard methods and procedures are used, such that changes can be dealt with quickly, with the lowest possible impact on service quality. all changes should be traceable, in other words, one can answer the question, what changed? Do we do this?
– Has the team ensured that key cultural barriers (e.g., training and skills required for new jobs, entrenched culture, incompatible support structures, fear of downsizing) are addressed in its Change Management strategy?
– Do you have formalized processes for organizational change management within your organization?
– What are some concrete ways to help executives understand the value of change management?
– How effective is your organization with organizational change management?
– What has been your most Challenging change management experience?
– In what scenarios should change management systems be introduced?
– What are common barriers to using Change Management in practice?
– What change management practices does your organization employ?
– How pro-active is the Organizational Change Management Plan?
– How can you measure Infrastructure Services in a systematic way?
– When and how is Change Management used on a project?
– Who are the leaders in a Change Management process?
– When to start Change Management?
Information and communication technologies Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Information and communication technologies projects and look at the big picture.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Infrastructure Services products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– What are internal and external Infrastructure Services relations?
Goal setting Critical Criteria:
Unify Goal setting management and create Goal setting explanations for all managers.
– What are the disruptive Infrastructure Services technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
Software asset management Critical Criteria:
Canvass Software asset management quality and find out what it really means.
Tudor IT Process Assessment Critical Criteria:
Examine Tudor IT Process Assessment projects and perfect Tudor IT Process Assessment conflict management.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Infrastructure Services processes?
– What are our Infrastructure Services Processes?
Information and Communication Technology Critical Criteria:
Scan Information and Communication Technology outcomes and tour deciding if Information and Communication Technology progress is made.
– Is the Infrastructure Services organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Underpinning contract Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Underpinning contract leadership and raise human resource and employment practices for Underpinning contract.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Infrastructure Services objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
Business Service Management Critical Criteria:
Refer to Business Service Management decisions and find answers.
ISO/IEC 20000 Critical Criteria:
Systematize ISO/IEC 20000 planning and tour deciding if ISO/IEC 20000 progress is made.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Infrastructure Services study?
– Will we be eligible for ISO/IEC 20000 certification?
ISO/IEC 27001 Critical Criteria:
Understand ISO/IEC 27001 goals and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling ISO/IEC 27001 projects.
Information security Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Information security adoptions and define Information security competency-based leadership.
– Has the organization established an Identity and Access Management program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines and which identifies users and network devices?
– Are information security policies, including policies for access control, application and system development, operational, network and physical security, formally documented?
– Has the organization established an enterprise-wide business continuity/disaster recovery program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines?
– Are information security policies and other relevant security information disseminated to all system users (including vendors, contractors, and business partners)?
– Based on our information security Risk Management strategy, do we have official written information security and privacy policies, standards, or procedures?
– Is a risk treatment plan formulated to identify the appropriate mgmt action, resources, responsibilities and priorities for managing information security risks?
– Are Human Resources subject to screening, and do they have terms and conditions of employment defining their information security responsibilities?
– Is the documented Information Security Mgmt System (ISMS) established, implemented, operated, monitored, reviewed, maintained and improved?
– Have the roles and responsibilities for information security been clearly defined within the company?
– What information security and privacy standards or regulations apply to the cloud customers domain?
– what is the difference between cyber security and information security?
– Is an organizational information security policy established?
– : Return of Information Security Investment, Are you spending enough?
– Is information security managed within the organization?
Point of contact Critical Criteria:
Depict Point of contact tactics and look in other fields.
Business continuity planning Critical Criteria:
Apply Business continuity planning adoptions and look for lots of ideas.
– What is the role of digital document management in business continuity planning management?
– What is business continuity planning and why is it important?
– Are there Infrastructure Services Models?
Deming Cycle Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Deming Cycle governance and be persistent.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Infrastructure Services Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Infrastructure Services External links:
Enterprise Infrastructure Services
Securitas Critical Infrastructure Services, Inc.
About Us – Titanium Blockchain Infrastructure Services | TBIS
Information Technology Infrastructure Library External links:
ITIL – The Information Technology Infrastructure Library
Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) …
RACI matrix External links:
RACI Matrix | Example and Template
RACI Matrix (Free PPT and PDF Download) – WorkshopBank
Help desk External links:
Help Desk Software – Official Site
ISO/IEC 27002 External links:
http://ISO/IEC 27002 is an information security standard published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and by the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), titled Information technology – Security techniques – Code of practice for information security management.
ISO/IEC 27002 – Key Benefits of MetricStream IT GRC …
ISO/IEC 27002 – YouTube
Business case External links:
Creating a Powerful Business Case for HR Technology
What is business case? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Knowledge management External links:
A hub for technical knowledge management. — NDCAC
Knowledge Management Consulting Firm | Iknow LLC
Knowledge Management System – Login
Computer security External links:
Introduction to Computer Security
Computer Security Products for Home Users | Kaspersky Lab …
Best Computer Security Software | 2018 Reviews of the …
5 Whys External links:
5 Whys – A Problem Solving Technique – Revolution …
[PDF]“The 5 Whys” – Massachusetts Department of …
TM Forum External links:
TM Forum Frameworx – YouTube
About TM Forum – TM Forum
Download Presentations | TM Forum Action Week
Computer network External links:
Remote services, computer network, PC Health Check – …
IBM Tivoli Unified Process External links:
ITUP – IBM Tivoli Unified Process | AcronymFinder
IBM Tivoli Unified Process (ITUP) Composer User Guide …
IBM Tivoli Unified Process – IT hooldus üle Eesti
Six Sigma External links:
Lean Six Sigma Training & Certification – GoLeanSixSigma…
What is Lean Six Sigma?
Six Sigma Certification, Six Sigma, 6 Sigma
The Stationery Office External links:
TSO (The Stationery Office) – Maryland Nautical
[PDF]THE STATIONERY OFFICE TERMS AND …
Official DVSA Theory Test Kit by TSO (The Stationery Office)
Office of Government Commerce External links:
Office of Government Commerce Website | The National …
Office of Government Commerce (OGC) | Practical Law
Release management External links:
NHSN Release Management | NHSN | CDC
Service portfolio management External links:
Service Portfolio Management – tutorialspoint.com
HM Treasury External links:
HM Treasury Group Careers – Jobs
HM Treasury – Home | Facebook
HM Treasury Financial Sanctions Updates: Democratic …
Request Fulfilment External links:
Request Fulfilment – ITIL® Process | Doc – Octopus
ICT infrastructure External links:
What is ICT Infrastructure | IGI Global
ICT Infrastructure Specialist
ICT Infrastructure Management | TeamQuest
Application Performance Management External links:
Application Performance Management | TraceView
Application Performance Management for Big Data | Unravel
Resources Archive – Application Performance Management
Change request External links:
Mortgagee Change Request Form
[PDF]TITLE CHANGE REQUEST HECKLIST AND …
Program management External links:
[PDF]OSHA Safety and Health Program Management …
DoN Consolidated Card Program Management Division
GHIN Handicap Program Management
Access and Identity Management External links:
[PDF]Access and Identity Management (AIM) User Guide
[PDF]Access and Identity Management Process Testing – …
Access and Identity Management Solutions | Microsoft
Microsoft Operations Framework External links:
Microsoft Operations Framework
Microsoft Operations Framework 4.0
Appendix A – Microsoft Operations Framework
Event Management External links:
Superior event management for gamers | Warhorn
Award-winning Event Apps and Event Management Software | Whova
RegFox Event Management Software
Functional Management External links:
Functional Management Consulting – Apples & Oranges …
Software metric External links:
KCD Software Metric Vs Inch for Pricing Video 4 – YouTube
What is a Software Metric? – Definition from Techopedia
Call for bids External links:
[PDF]SECTION 00020 – NOTICE OF CALL FOR BIDS
0901 Call For Bids – Keys News
Call for Bids, Proposals, Qualifications – City of Renton
Agile software development External links:
What is Agile Software Development? | Agile Alliance
What is Agile? Learn About Agile Software Development
8 Benefits of Agile Software Development | Segue …
Service level External links:
[PDF]TEMPLATE Service Level Agreement (1)
Service Level Agreements – Home | Microsoft Azure
[DOC]Service Level Agreement (SLA) Template
Service Level Agreement External links:
[PDF]Service Level Agreement (SLA) Frequently Asked …
Service Level Agreement (SLA) for Masergy global services
[PDF]TEMPLATE Service Level Agreement (1)
Corporate governance of information technology External links:
Corporate governance of information technology – …
[PDF]Corporate governance of information technology
[PDF]Corporate governance of information technology
Enterprise life cycle External links:
Enterprise Life Cycle | Chron.com
Enterprise Life Cycle Management (ELM) – Bay State
Service catalog External links:
Service Catalog – Manhattan College
IT Service Catalog
Service Catalog – helpdesk.troy.edu
Service Desk External links:
NIH IT Service Desk
Service Desk – Information Technology | UWSP
Service Desk Home – fmPilot
Granular configuration automation External links:
What does granular configuration automation mean? – …
Granular Configuration Automation – Techopedia.com
Lyrics containing the term: granular configuration automation
https://www.lyrics.com/lyrics/granular configuration automation
IT Service Management Forum External links:
IT Service Management Forum Annual New Zealand …
IT service management External links:
Masters in IT Service Management | JJR Solutions, LLC
Remedy 9 – IT Service Management Suite – BMC Software
Capacity management External links:
[PDF]Facility Capacity Management and Space Standards
Capacity management (Book, 1988) [WorldCat.org]
Information Management External links:
Conference – Association for Title Information Management
DigitalBeef – Information Management for the Wagyu Breed
Identity management External links:
ALSDE Identity Management (AIM) « ALSDE (Alabama …
Colorado Department of Education Identity Management
Director Identity Management Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Business impact analysis External links:
Business Impact Analysis (BIA) – Gartner IT Glossary
Business Impact Analysis | Ready.gov
Business Impact Analysis Worksheet | FEMA.gov
Problem Management External links:
ITIL Problem Management | When “Incidents” are Problems
Problem Management | ServiceNow
[PDF]IT ENTERPRISE PROBLEM MANAGEMENT …
http://itsm.ucsf.edu/sites/itsm.ucsf.edu/files/Problem Management Process.pdf
RPR problem diagnosis External links:
RPR problem diagnosis – WOW.com
RPR problem diagnosis – research.omicsgroup.org
Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency External links:
Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency – …
Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency | …
Call centre External links:
Call centre probs – Home | Facebook
i24 Call Management Solutions – Canadian Bilingual Call Centre
Call Centre and Customer Service Jobs Cork, Ireland
Joint venture External links:
Share this Rating. Title: Joint Venture (1998) 7.5 /10. Want to share IMDb’s rating on your own site? Use the HTML below.
[DOC]JOINT VENTURE AGREEMENT – KKOS Lawyers
N.Y. Ins. Law § 6409(d): Title Insurance Joint Venture
ITIL security management External links:
ITIL Security Management – W3J.Com
ITIL Security management | KPI Library
ITIL security management
http://The ITIL security management process describes the structured fitting of security in the management organization. ITIL security management is based on the ISO 27001 standard. According to ISO.ORG “ISO/IEC 27001:2005 covers all types of organizations (e.g. commercial enterprises, government agencies, not-for profit organizations).
Change management External links:
[PDF]Change Management Best Practices Guide
ADKAR Change Management Model Overview & …
[PDF]Organizational Change Management Readiness …
Information and communication technologies External links:
ICT (Information and Communication Technologies) …
“Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) …
INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGIES IN …
Goal setting External links:
[PDF]Goal Setting: A Fresh Perspective
Goal setting dictionary definition | goal setting defined
21 Reasons Why Goal Setting is Important – Lead to Impact
Software asset management External links:
Software Asset Management | ServiceNow
Aspera & SmartTrack – Software Asset Management
1E AppClarity for Software Asset Management
Tudor IT Process Assessment External links:
Tudor IT Process Assessment – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/main/index.php?s=Tudor IT Process Assessment
Tudor IT Process Assessment: Third Edition
What is TIPA® (Tudor IT Process Assessment)? – YouTube
Underpinning contract External links:
UC – Underpinning Contract | AcronymFinder
ITIL Definition: Underpinning Contract (v2, v3)
ITIL Definition: Underpinning Contract (v2, v3)
Business Service Management External links:
What is business service management? Webopedia …
Login – HP Business Service Management
ISO/IEC 20000 External links:
http://ISO/IEC 20000 is the first international standard for IT service management. It was developed in 2005, by ISO/IEC JTC1/SC7 and revised in 2011. It is based on and intended to supersede the earlier BS 15000 that was developed by BSI Group.
ISO/IEC 27001 External links:
http://ISO/IEC 27001:2013 is an information security standard that was published on the 25th September 2013. It supersedes ISO/IEC 27001:2005, and is published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) under the joint ISO and IEC subcommittee, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 27.
Information security External links:
[PDF]TITLE: INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT …
ALTA – Information Security
[PDF]Department of the Navy Information Security Program
Point of contact External links:
State Single Point of Contact (SPOC) | opgs
Site Point of Contact Portal
Signature Bank | A Single Point Of Contact
Business continuity planning External links:
Business Continuity Planning – BCP
Business Continuity Planning Flashcards | Quizlet
Business Continuity Planning Suite | Ready.gov
Deming Cycle External links:
What is the Deming Cycle? – wiseGEEK
Deming Cycle (PDCA) Primer (PowerPoint) – Flevy.com
[PDF]Deming Cycle (PDCA Cycle) – ManagementMania